Monthly Archives: April 2021
What is the most effective way of enhancing the artistic skills of all primary school children?
Visual art like so many other aspects of life, consists of skills that can be learned – and as they are learned they need to be applied and practised.
And improving children’s artistic skills is of enormous value as, with all the arts, competence leads to a sense of achievement and a growth in confidence which spreads across all aspects of the individual child’s life.
But to achieve this growth, what is needed within the teaching programme is a clear structure. This is not only enormously helpful for the children, it also allows non-specialist teachers to work with and enhance the artistic skills and abilities of all children in the class.
The series of books, Drawing is a Class Act, helps teach the child
- Learn the skill; practise the skill
- Easter eggs taste the same in any language
- When is Poisson d’avril, and what should we do about it?
- How to create a whole-school Grammar and Punctuation Programme
- Music is the food of knowledge
- La Chandeleur, Pancake day: free French teaching resource
- Saint-Valentin wordsearch: free French teaching resource
- Make an electric quiz board - free creative teaching resource
- Calculators can help children become better at problem solving
- A story about jealousy for anti-bullying week
- Have you seen our apps for Luc et Sophie?
- Art projects in action