Monthly Archives: July 2021
What is the single most effective way of teaching times tables?
Efficiency in relation to learning the times tables is not a topic that is often discussed. And yet as with all education, some ways of learning times tables are a lot more efficient than others.
Of course, with learning, efficiency means not only learning quickly but also means ensuring that the learning remains in the children’s brains for future reference. And for this to happen three factors need to be in place.
Most particularly, the lessons themselves have to be something that is exciting and stimulating for the children, so that they will want to go home and tell their parents about it – and thus engage their parent’s interest and involvement.
Second, the approach needs to be something that can be used all the way through the series of activities, so that the children see a pattern in what they are learning.
Third, the result has to be meaningful learning –
- Independent Publishing Awards: Winners
- Here is something you have all been waiting for ...
- Why stories?
- Learning Languages from Home Q&A: Tips and Advice from the Experts
- Stimulate, challenge, repeat!
- The bright are different.
- 2021 May Newsletter
- Exciting grammar
- One man, two people, accessible to all
- Be calm. Hold the vision. Breathe.
- Activities that will appeal to boys
- Get cooking - safely
- The 3Ms of times tables
- Creative Writing: Cracked
- Art lessons promote creativity – obviously