How to create a whole-school Grammar and Punctuation Programme
What is the most effective way of creating a whole-school Grammar and Punctuation programme?
Schools that adopt a whole-school Grammar and Punctuation Programme typically find it easier to respond to the demands of the English Programmes of Study. For not only does it make it easier to have a unified approach to tracking pupils’ progress, but it also ensures that everyone knows what has gone before and what comes next.
However, what can be challenging when creating a whole-school Grammar and Punctuation Programme is knowing which resources will be most suitable. For the resources need to, for example:
- meet the requirements of the English Programmes of Study
- be consistent throughout the programme
- exercise differentiation
- be age-appropriate and highly engaging for all primary age groups
- provide systematic progression throughout the school.
Which is why Brilliant Publications has produced the Brilliant Activities for Grammar and Punctuation Series.
The Grammar and Punctuation series has been designed especially for schools that are looking to enhance literacy skills throughout the school and thus meets all of the requirements listed above (and more).
The six book series teaches basic grammatical and punctuation concepts in a fun and memorable way, which will challenge and stimulate the whole school.
The sheets are designed for the practise, reinforcement and consolidation of grammar and punctuation skills, and they address the requirements laid out in the Programmes of Study in the September 2014 National Curriculum.
Pupils are motivated to think logically about the activities and to share their knowledge and understanding with their peers through working individually, in pairs, groups or, sometimes, in whole class contexts.
Furthermore, the books all include an assessment checklist and answers to help you with tracking pupils’ progress.
- When is Poisson d’avril, and what should we do about it?
- How to create a whole-school Grammar and Punctuation Programme
- Music is the food of knowledge
- La Chandeleur, Pancake day: free French teaching resource
- Saint-Valentin wordsearch: free French teaching resource
- Make an electric quiz board - free creative teaching resource
- Calculators can help children become better at problem solving
- A story about jealousy for anti-bullying week
- Have you seen our apps for Luc et Sophie?
- Art projects in action