What is the most effective way of allowing lower ability students the chance to fully appreciate Jekyll and Hyde?
Jekyll and Hyde is a story that appeals to vast numbers of teenagers, not least because so many of them find the notion of becoming someone else an incredibly exciting idea.
For such a vision allows them to imagine that they are not trapped by their current circumstances but could change themselves into something and someone totally different…
However, many lower ability students never get to appreciate the story because of the difficulties they have with reading. Which is why we have produced a Graphic Revision Guide to The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
Indeed, this Graphic Revision Guide not only gives the students immediate access to the book, it also prepares them for their forthcoming assessments.
The graphic sheets enable the students both to grasp the story and its themes, and to underst
- 2021 May Newsletter
- Exciting grammar
- One man, two people, accessible to all
- Be calm. Hold the vision. Breathe.
- Activities that will appeal to boys
- Get cooking - safely
- The 3Ms of times tables
- Creative Writing: Cracked
- Art lessons promote creativity – obviously
- Learn the skill; practise the skill
- The more senses, the better the learning
- Easter eggs taste the same in any language
- When is Poisson d’avril, and what should we do about it?
- How to create a whole-school Grammar and Punctuation Programme
- Music is the food of knowledge