Christmas Activities for the Early Yearsby Val Edgar
Christmas Activities for the Early Years contains photocopiable Christmas activities and games which help develop children's language, numeracy, and creativity skills.
The activities include:
- collecting a group of toys starting with the same letter
- building a scene including Santa, Rudolph and the elves
- making wrapping paper and wrapping presents
- counting the buttons on snowmen
- making a Christmas food shopping list
- making and colouring an advent calendar
The sheets are ideal for use in all early years settings from preschools, nurseries and reception classes through to day centres and at home.
Christmas Activities for the Early Years has been written to provide a bank of fun, with ideas and activity ideas to use at Christmas with children aged 3–5 years.
This book is made up of photocopiable sheets focusing on communication, language and literacy, mathematical development and creative development.
Each worksheet is supported with activity suggestions linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage. The suggestions are clearly coded to show which area of the curriculum is covered with each activity:
- Personal, social and emotional development (PSE)
- Communication, language and literacy (CLL)
- Mathematical development (MD)
- Knowledge and understanding of the world (KUW)
- Physical development (PD)
- Creative development (CD)
|Product format||Teacher resource|
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this book.|
|Released date||4 June 2011|