Football Crazy - Sam's Football Stories, Book 1 (Set A)by Sheila Blackburn
Sam's Football Stories are specially written to stimulate and motivate your slower learners and reluctant readers. Written by Sheila Blackburn, an experienced primary school teacher, the books will appeal particularly to reluctant boy readers. The six compelling stories in Set A, tell the story of Sam, a football crazy boy.
Sam is totally crazy about football. In Football Crazy, he is desperate to belong to a proper football team. He asks everyone he meets if they can help – all the teachers at his school, the headteacher, even Mrs Ford who runs the corner shop …
Will Sam’s dream come true? Will one of the people he asks be able to help?
Let your pupils follow Sam and his friends on their journey. Join in the fun and excitement as they begin training, pick a team, join a league and enter a tournament.
- Provide stimulation and motivation especially for boys who are slower learners or reluctant readers
- Gripping story lines make children want to read the next book
- Compatible with the Primary Literacy Strategy category of everyday stories
- Vocabulary and sentence structure carefully controlled for easy reading
- Number of words per book increases as you progress through the series
- Clear font and print style
To extend the stories further, use Sam's Football Stories - Your Chance to Score!, a reproducible teacher resource linked to the stories in Set A."Thank you for my copy of Football Crazy - it arrived yesterday. I have tried it out today with a pupil. I feel the school may be purchasing a few more!!!" Laura Baker, Primary Teacher, Northamptonshire
|Age Groups||7 - 11 years,|
|Product format||Story book|
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this book.|