Free Resources for French at Key Stage 1 (KS1)/ 5-7 Year Olds
These high-quality teaching resources for French at Key Stage 1 (KS1) have been tried and tested in the classroom, so that you can be sure that they'll work. These free resources come from books published by Brilliant Publications.
We will be adding additional free resources to this page on a regular basis. If there are any subjects you would like us to cover, please let us know.
- Bon appétit (from Loto Français)
- As-tu un animal? (from Bonne Idée)
- Hands under the table (from 100+ Fun Ideas for Practising Modern Foreign Languages in the Primary Classroom)
- Throw and mime (from 100+ Fun Ideas for Practising Modern Foreign Languages in the Primary Classroom)
Lesson plans, games and teaching ideas
- C'est-combien? (lesson plan) (from J'aime Parler!)
- C'est-combien? Story
- C'est-combien? Song
- L'alphabet français (words) (from J'aime Chanter!)
- Léon-le-caméléon (lyrics and illustrated vocabulary) (from Sing and Learn French)
- Léon-le-caméléon (song)
- Mon pique-nique (words and flash cards) (from J'aime Chanter!)
- Mon Pique Nique (song)