Hexagonie, Part 1: An Innovative Way to Teach Frenchby Maria Rice-Jones
Special Price £19.00 Regular Price £37.99
Hexagonie provides an innovative way to teach French. Part 1 is aimed at pupils in Years 3 and 4 (or older pupils just starting to learn French).
- Systematic but flexible format makes scheme suitable for non-specialists and specialists.
- Language elements are introduced in a logical, easy-to-understand way, so that children quickly communicate with confidence.
- Breaks language down into manageable chunks and presents them in a methodical manner enabling pupils to feel that they can converse in French.
- Brings French to life, engaging pupils' imaginations, and furthering their understanding of French language structures.
- Develops effective learning strategies that can be applied to other languages and across the curriculum.
- Comprehensive coverage of all Oracy and Literacy objectives of the KS2 Framework for Languages and many of those for intercultural understanding.
Topics introduced in Part 1:
- Classroom objects
- Days of the week
- Rooms and furniture in the house
- Numbers 1-20
- Parts of the body
- Family members
- Types of shop
- School subjects
Language points covered:
- C'est… and ce n'est pas…
- Être with je/tu/il/elle
- Negative sentences
- Plural nouns/les
- Avoir with je/tu/il/elle
- Sentences with il y a
- Ta/ton/tes and sa/son/tes<
- Parler, habiter and aimer with je/tu/il/elle
|Age Groups||7 - 11 years,|
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this book.|
|Released date||6 June 2011|
Write Your Own Review
Try before you buy
Unit 1 - The things around me. The key teaching points/vocabulary in this unit: Greetings; Classroom and household items; the indefinite article ("a") (2.69 MB) - Login required
Listening activity for Unit 1 (Track 1) (927.59 KB)
Listening activity for Unit 1 using picture cards (Track 2) (1.39 MB)
Listening activity for Unit 1 where listeners are asked to sketch a picture of the word (Track 3) (816.36 KB)
Transcript and answers for Unit 1 (123.04 KB)
Table showing which aspects of the Scottish ‘Curriculum for Excellence: Modern Languages – Experience and Outcomes’ are covered by Hexagonie (614.88 KB)