How to Sparkle at Phonicsby Jo Laurence
How to Sparkle at Phonics provides 40 photocopiable worksheets, riddles, puzzles to help Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 (KS1) children to learn letter sounds and use that knowledge to build words. The sheets compliment other phonics schemes and provide an enjoyable way of developing and assessing children's phonemic awareness.
It is widely recognized today that 'onset' and 'rime' are very important skills for the early reader to acquire, and this book focuses on beginning, medial and ending sounds, as well as on rhyme.
All the activities in How to Sparkle at Phonics are to do with learning sounds and using that knowledge to build words. It is widely recognised that onset and rime are very important skills for the early reader to acquire and this book focuses on beginning, medial and ending sounds, as well as on rhyme.
- develops knowledge of letter form and sound which will give the child a decoding strategy for unfamiliar words not apparent from context,
- develop an ability to blend sounds to form words,
- give the children insight into the nature of letters, how their sounds change in relation to other letters around them,
- gives lots of practice in listening and discriminating sounds,
- helps the children to recognise and identify familiar parts of new words
- demonstartes and teaches the inconsistencies of English spelling.
|Age Groups||5 - 7 years,|
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this book.|
|Released date||8 June 2011|