Physical French Phonics was a European Language Label winning project in 2012.
Physical French Phonics is an award-winning, tried-and-tested multisensory approach to teaching French phonics. It has been developed in conjunction with primary and secondary school children and their teachers over the course of several years.
For each phoneme, students learn an action, as well as the graphemes associated with that sound. Cheerful colourful cartoon pictures link the actions to the sounds and help to facilitate learning.
The comprehensive teacher’s guide has been completely revised for the second edition and is now in full-colour. It provides a clear step-by-step approach to introducing pupils to French phonemes. It contains practical advice, activities and guidance, along with photocopiable games and reference sheets.
Through using Physical French Phonics your pupils will not only learn to pronounce correctly the French vocabulary introduced, they will also gain the skills to tackle any new vocabulary they encounter with confidence.
The accompanying electronic files have been reformatted to ensure compatibility with interactive whiteboards, tablets, smartphones and computers. It contains everything you need to teach French phonics successfully:
- Video clips of French speakers saying each sound and performing the associated action
- Video clips of French speakers saying and acting out key words, carefully selected to introduce all the French phonemes
- Video clips of French speakers demonstrating how liaison works in practice
- Audio clips of all the phonemes and words introduced
- Attractive full-colour flashcards and resource sheets, giving you access to ready-made colourful resources for displays and games
- Interactive whiteboard files for all the phonemes allowing you to make your own phonic resources to accompany any topic.
The representation of sounds through letters in any language should be seen as a code. It is hoped that Physical French Phonics will provide the key needed to break this code for all French students.
A video showing children using the system is on the Physical French Phonics facebook page www.facebook.com/physicalfrenchphonics
|Age Groups||7 - 11 years, 11 -14 years,|
|Author||Jean Haig, Sue Cave|
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this book.|
|Released date||2 March 2012|
See how the system can be used to learn the vocabulary for the days of the week (3.16 MB)
Some information on how to get the most from this resource (1.97 MB)
A picture of an interactive file (818.46 KB)
Watch this video showing the actions for the spelling of marron (3.60 MB)
Table showing which aspects of the Scottish ‘Curriculum for Excellence: Modern Languages – Experience and Outcomes’ are covered by Physical French Phonics (2nd edition) (648.61 KB)