Sam's Football Stories, Set Aby Sheila Blackburn
Sam's Football Stories are specially written to stimulate and motivate your slower learners and reluctant readers. Written by Sheila Blackburn, an experienced primary school teacher, the books will appeal particularly to reluctant boy readers. The six compelling stories in Set A, published by Brilliant Publications, tell the story of Sam, a football crazy boy.
Let your pupils follow this dream come true for Sam and his friends. Join in the fun and excitement as they begin training, pick a team, join a league and enter a tournament.
Sam's Football Stories:
- Provide stimulation and motivation especially for boys who are slower learners or reluctant readers
- Have gripping story lines make children want to read the next book
- Are compatible with the Primary Literacy Strategy category of everyday stories
- Are designed to look like books more able children are reading with attractive covers and black and white illustrations inside
- Have vocabulary and sentence structure carefully controlled for easy reading
- Have an increasing number of words per book as you progress through the series
- Have a clear font and print style
To extend the stories further, use the photocopiable teacher resource, Your Chance to Score!, which is full of activities linked to the stories in Sam's Football Stories Set A.
Like to try before you buy? Request your free copy of the e-book Football Crazy, the first story in the series, now!
"Thank you for my copy of Football Crazy - it arrived yesterday. I have tried it out today with a pupil. I feel the school may be purchasing a few more!!!" Laura Baker, Primary Teacher, Northamptonshire
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this book.|
|Released date||3 June 2011|
How crazy is Sam about football? Read these sample pages from the first story. (436.13 KB)
Who can run the team? These are sample pages from Team Talk. (425.66 KB)
Sam can't wait until Monday to find out about training. read some of the story from Will Monday Ever Come? (436.06 KB)
The first training night. Find out how excited Sam is in the story Training Night. (432.23 KB)
Playing is better with spectators. In If Only Dad Could See Us some people turn up to watch. (437.70 KB)
Who will be chosen to play on the team for the first match? These pages are from A Place on the Team. (438.07 KB)