Sam's Football Stories, Set Bby Sheila Blackburn
Sam's Football Stories are specially written to stimulate and motivate your slower learners and reluctant readers. Written by Sheila Blackburn, an experienced primary school teacher, the books will appeal particularly to reluctant boy readers. The six compelling stories in Set B continue the story of Sam, the football crazy boy, started in Set A.
Let your pupils follow this dream come true for Sam and his friends. Join in the fun and excitement as they begin training, pick a team, join a league and enter a tournament.
Sam's Football Stories:
- Provide stimulation and motivation especially for boys who are slower learners or reluctant readers
- Have gripping story lines make children want to read the next book
- Are compatible with the Primary Literacy Strategy category of everyday stories
- Are designed to look like books more able children are reading with attractive covers and black and white illustrations inside
- Have vocabulary and sentence structure carefully controlled for easy reading
- Have an increasing number of words per book as you progress through the series
- Have a clear font and print style
To extend the stories further, use the photocopiable teacher resource, Are You on the Ball?, which contains lots of activities linked to the stories in Set B.
|Product format||Story book|
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this book.|
|Released date||3 June 2011|
|Pages||6 x 32|
How does the first match go? These pages give you a flavour of the action. (456.69 KB)
It is not just about being in the team. There are support roles too - like kit washing! (429.49 KB) - Purchase required
The girls in school want to play football too.These pages are from What about the Girls? (443.50 KB)
These pages are from the What's Worrying Eddie? story. (437.01 KB)
How can the team continue if they have nowhere to train? These sample pages give a flavour of the story. (452.23 KB)
In Are We the Champions? the team wait to find out if they have won. (426.15 KB)