Spanish Extension Packby Belén de Vicente Fisher, Jo Kentish, Sinéad Leleu, Sue Cave
A PACK SAVING OF £10.97
The Spanish Extension Pack contains fabulous activities for when your pupils are ready to move beyond simple vocabulary and focus on creating their own sentences.
The Spanish Extension Pack contains:
- Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy - Contains easily adaptable 'fill-in-the-blank' letters to facilitate communication with other Spanish speakers
- Spanish Speaking Activities - User-friendly photocopiable activities to encourage pupils to practise speaking and listening
- More Fun Ideas for Advancing Modern Foreign Languages in the Primary Classroom - Tried-and-tested activities to help young learners feel ownership of the language and encourage creative communication.
Spanish Speaking Activities: Fun Ways to Get Pupils to Talk to Each Other in Spanish contains 60 time-saving photocopiable activities designed to get Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 pupils having meaningful conversations with each other. Activities range from role plays and surveys to quizzes, presentations and games. Written by Sinéad Leleu and Jo Kentish and published by Brilliant Publications, the activities in this book encourage pupils to practise speaking Spanish autonomously, leading to more pupil-speaking time and less teacher-speaking time.
These tried-and-tested activities provide a fun and enjoyable way of supplementing, consolidating and revising your language work, whatever scheme you are using.
With Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy writing letters in Spanish has never been easier. The structured 'fill in the gap' letter format enables even beginning Spanish learners to communicate effectively in Spanish. The letters cover a wide range of popular topics taught in primary and lower secondary school. They can be used to communicate with Spanish-speaking pen pals, or even to write in Spanish to pupils at the neighbouring school! Written by Sinéad Leleu and Belén de Vicente Fisher and published by Brilliant Publications.
For the teacher, Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy:
- Is time-saving – little or no preparation is required. English translations of the letters are included, as are lists of vocabulary, key grammar points and extension ideas
- Links with the KS2 Framework for language teaching
- Has inherent cross-curricular links to geography, history and ICT
- Supplements, consolidates and revises course work. The flexible activities are ideal for use with 7-13 year olds, in Key Stages 2 and 3 who are in their first few years of learning Spanish.
For the primary school pupils, Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy:
- Is easy to follow
- Is realistic. The pupil realizes that Spanish can be used for real-life communication and not just in an artificial situation
- Instills confidence. they can communicate effectively at a basic level
- Helps to foster positive attitudes towards foreign language learning
- Facilitates intercultural understanding. The pupil can learn about Spanish culture through a Spanish peer
- And, of course, it is a fun and wonderful way to make a new friend!
More Fun Ideas for Advancing Modern Foreign Languages in the Primary Classroom contains 77 activities for use with pupils who have been studying a new language for a while and are ready to progress beyond learning simple vocabulary and phrases. The fun activities will help pupils learn to manipulate the language, improve their decoding skills and discover how the new language functions at sentence level. The resulting recognition that language can be mastered is empowering. It enables creative communication and gives young learners a feeling of ownership of the language being learnt.
The activities support the Year 5-6 objectives of the Key Stage 2 Framework for Languages. They are suitable for most languages and for a wide range of language topics.
The inherent rationale behind each activity is that it is enjoyable and interactive, challenging children's understanding of the language and furnishing them with a purpose for their learning. With activities ranging from the Human alphabet and Foreign language detectives to Secret signal and Be the teacher, you will never be stuck for ideas.
|Age Groups||7 - 11 years,|
|Author||Belén de Vicente Fisher, Jo Kentish, Sinéad Leleu, Sue Cave|
|Product format||Teacher resource|
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this book.|
Complete this survey with your friends about what foods they like and dislike (from Spanish Speaking Activities) (456.97 KB) - Login required
Use this activity to practise Spanish vocabulary for clothes and weather (from Spanish Speaking Activities) (496.30 KB)
This letter template will guide you to creating an introductory text about yourself in Spanish (from Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy) (103.58 KB)
A human fruit machine shows how sentnces are structured (from More Fun Ideas) (287.75 KB)