The First Match - Sam's Football Stories, Book 1 (Set B)by Sheila Blackburn
Sam's Football Stories are specially written to stimulate and motivate your slower learners and reluctant readers. Written by Sheila Blackburn, an experienced primary school teacher, the books will appeal particularly to reluctant boy readers. The six compelling stories in Set B continue the story of Sam, the football crazy boy, started in Set A.
Sam is football crazy. Everybody says so. Now that Eddie Ford has agreed to help Sam and his friends, they have arranged a friendly match against Parton Rovers. Sam and Danny have made the team and can hardly wait, but Sam has practised so much that he canʼt play well anymore.
What is he going to do?
You will find some of the answers in The First Match.
Let your pupils follow Sam and his friends on their journey. Join in the fun and excitement as they suffer injuries, lose their training pitch, enter a league and finally compete in a tournament.
- Provide stimulation and motivation especially for boys who are slower learners or reluctant readers
- Gripping story lines make children want to read the next book
- Compatible with the Primary Literacy Strategy category of everyday stories
- Vocabulary and sentence structure carefully controlled for easy reading
- Number of words per book increases as you progress through the series
- Clear font and print style
To extend the stories further, use Sam's Football Stories – Are You on the Ball?, a reproducible teacher resource linked to the stories in Set B.
|Age Groups||7 - 11 years, 11 -14 years,|
|Product format||Story book|
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this item.|
|Released date||31 January 2017|