We’re always looking for new book ideas!
If you have an idea for a book, or a series of books, that you think would fit into the Brilliant Publications list, we’d like to hear about it.
We publish resources that aim to be a bit different from the norm so as to inspire and engage pupils and provide support for teacher across a wide range of curriculum areas. We are committed to publishing educational resources that make teaching and learning enjoyable and rewarding for both teachers and pupils. We focus on producing practical, well-designed books and other resources for teachers and others working with children aged 0–11 and with 11–14 year olds with special needs.
Please note: We have no plans to expand our list to include children’s picture books, novels for teenagers or adults or poetry books.
Submitting a Proposal
We prefer to receive a letter of inquiry and/or a proposal, rather than the entire manuscript. That means you don’t have to wait until you’ve completed your book to send it to us. Your proposal should include:
- The proposed title
- The purpose of the book
- Audience for the book
- How is your book different from others?
- How will be inspire and engage pupils?
- How will in support teachers?
- Table of contents
- Introductory material
- Some pages/activities from the actual book
In addition, please send responses to the following:
- Why do you think that there is a need for this book?
- How long will it remain up-to-date?
- Please provide a brief outline of the current context to your book, explaining – if relevant – how and why recent changes that have taken place in education make your book more relevant now than ever before.
- Why do you feel Brilliant Publications is the best publisher for your proposed book? How does it fit in with the other books we publish?
- Please attach an overview of the book and its aims, a table to contents and some sample pages.
- Indicate the approximate number of pages and the number of illustrations, photographs and/or tables that you envisage.
- Please provide a soundbite (around 300 words) about your book, which could be used on the jacket of the book in order to draw the reader in.
- Who is the readership for this book, and what background to you expect them to have?
- Does your book have international appeal? If you think it does, please state why, and in which countries.
- Are there special professional groups or other organisations that would have a particular interest in your book? Please list them.
- Please attach a list of competing books, including author(s)/editor(s), publisher, price and year of publication.
- How will your book differ?
- Please attach a brief Curriculum Vitae to this questionnaire, listing previous publications if appropriate. Please also provide your full postal address, email address and a daytime telephone number.
- Have the ideas been tried and tested in the classroom?
- Publication to an agreed deadline is fundamental to good publishing. When would you expect to be able to submit a complete manuscript? (Please be realistic.)
- Can you suggest three people from who we might solicit, in confidence, a review of this proposal? Please supply their names, addresses and email addresses if possible.
- Please share any further information you feel would be useful in supporting this proposal.
Send all materials to:
Sparrow Hall Farm
(If you would like any materials to be returned, please provide a stamped, self-addressed envelope.)
Alternatively, you may email: email@example.com
A copy of our New Book Proposal is available to view.