Are you on the Ball?
- Teacher’s notes, with suggestions on how to use the stories to develop your pupils’ reading skills and how to make best use of the worksheets
- Six photocopiable worksheets related to the story that will help create enthusiasm, willingness and co-operation
- Photocopiable comprehension questions to help evaluate and assess how well each pupil has understood the story.
£12.99 – £18.99 price excluding tax
Sam’s Football Stories are specially written to stimulate and motivate slower learners and reluctant readers in Primary Schools. Written by Sheila Blackburn, an experienced primary school teacher, the books will appeal particularly to reluctant boy readers.
The compelling stories in Sets A and B, published by Brilliant Publications, tell the story of Sam, a football crazy boy. Let your pupils follow this dream come true for Sam and his friends. Join in the fun and excitement as they begin training, pick a team, join a league and enter a tournament. They provide stimulation and motivation especially for boys who are slower learners or reluctant readers.
- Gripping story lines make children want to read the next book.
- Compatible with the Primary Literacy Strategy category of everyday stories
- Designed to look like books more able children are reading with attractive covers and black and white illustrations
- Vocabulary and sentence structure carefully controlled for easy reading
- Number of words per book increases as you progress through the series
- Clear font and print style
To extend the stories in Set B further, use the photocopiable teacher resource Are you on the Ball?, which is full of activities linked to the stories.
Print: 9781903853948; E-book: 9780857471994
There are no market restrictions for this book.
|Printed book or E-book||
E-book, Printed book