Great Expectations: A Graphic Revision Guide for GCSE English Literature
Graphic Revision Guide for Great Expectations, specially written to support Special Needs (SEN) and lower ability students.
This Graphic Revision Guide for Charles Dickens’ Great Expectations makes studying or revising this iconic novel easy. Suitable for all GCSE English Literature examinations. Brilliant Publications’ Graphic Revision Guide for Great Expectations has been specially written by Elizabeth May to support students with lower ability or Special Needs (SEN). It contains teaching resources especially tailored to strengthen the student’s understanding of plot, characters, quotes, themes and more.
£10.99 – £16.99 price excluding tax
The book brings an element of fun and informality to the study of this classic GCSE text, repackaging large amounts of complex information in an engaging and simple manner. Studying the sheets doesn’t seem like reading or working, yet having these graphic sheets in front of them helps students immensely in understanding and sequencing the plot, remembering key events, distinguishing between characters and understanding characters’ perspectives.
Although initially designed to help and support SEN students, the author soon found that all the students in the class wanted copies of the graphic sheets and benefited from using them. Many students find it difficult to remember what happened in a book and in what order, let alone to write a timed essay picking apart the intricacies of it. With this book, students will gain confidence in their knowledge before jumping into the deep end.
Our Graphic Revision Guide for Great Expectations contains:
- the story of Great Expectations re-told in comic form, making it easy to follow the plot
- context pages, giving background information on Charles Dickens and the types of fiction in the book
- character pages for each of the main characters, including quotes from the book
- theme pages for the key themes of the book – gender roles, love, religion, class – with relevant quotations for each
- additional graphic reference material to help with the setting and bringing the plot to life
- activity pages ranging from vocabulary lists and matching the quote to the picture to character and quote analysis maps.
The sheets are designed to be accessible to students with a range of Special Needs (SEN) through the use of:
- a heavy focus on visuals to help students to remember, understand, get interested in and create associations to the text
- simple language for greater accessibility
- a focus on vocabulary – explaining and rephrasing tricky words
- a focus on plot comprehension; chapter summaries are condensed to include key events, and are image-based to help students remember what happened and consolidate a full picture of the plot
- key quotes are repeated and linked to characters and themes.
Print: 9780857476883 E-book: 9780857476951
There are no market restrictions for this book.
|Printed book or E-book||
E-book, Printed book