¡Me Gusta Cantar!: 20 Spanish Songs for Use in Primary School – Book and CD-Rom
¡Me Gusta Cantar! contains 20 easy-to-learn Spanish songs for use at all stages of primary school. These catchy songs are a great way to introduce children to Spanish grammar and the vocabulary for popular topics. Pupils will develop correct pronunciation and intonation naturally. Look inside.
£27.99 price excluding tax
¡Me Gusta Cantar! contains 20 easy-to-learn Spanish songs for use at all stages of primary school. These catchy songs are a great way to introduce children to Spanish grammar and the vocabulary for popular topics. Pupils will develop correct pronunciation and intonation naturally.
Songs and music are an ideal way to teach Spanish to pupils in Key Stages 1 and 2. Songs facilitate the learning and memorising of vocabulary and grammar, enable pupils to develop good pronunciation and promote cultural awareness and appreciation.
The songs in ¡Me Gusta Cantar! are set to familiar tunes – enabling you and your pupils to focus on the words. They are sung by native Spanish speaker on the CD, so you don’t need to worry about your own singing ability.
The lyrics have been carefully written to enhance learning. The songs in ¡Me Gusta Cantar! can be used to teach:
- Phonics – listen and look for sounds/rhymes/cognates
- Comprehension – listen for specific vocabulary
- Sequencing – pupils put words/pictures/symbols in order as hear them mentioned
- Conversational Spanish – build role plays and conversations around a song
- Composition – make up extra verses
- Grammar – change structures e.g. parts of verbs
- Festivals/cultural events – incorporate songs into whole school/cross-curricular activities e.g. assemblies, Spanish Day
- Or just learn them for fun – to round off a topic
You will find that pupils will want to join in – not just with singing, but also clapping, beating rhythms, dancing and making gestures. Once pupils are familiar with the songs, the instrumental tracks will allow them create their own versions.
The songs introduce and reinforce key vocabulary for popular primary school topics, such as:
- My family
- The days of the week
- School subjects
- Fruit and vegetables
- Telling directions
- Means of transport
- Seasonal events such as Christmas and Halloween
The book contains the Spanish lyrics, together with English translations. The attractive photocopiable flashcards will help to teach and reinforce vocabulary. The CD-Rom contains the instrumental sound tracks for each song, and recordings of native Spanish people singing them.
There are no market restrictions for this book.
|Printed book or E-book||
You may also like…
Author£27.99 price excluding tax
Author£33.99 price excluding tax
Author£29.99 price excluding tax