I’m about to go on a 5 day trip to the Czech Republic (and, before you say anything, I know I’m very lucky that I don’t need to wait for school holidays to take a break). In preparation, I’ve been trying to learn to speak some Czech.
It uses the same alphabet as English (albeit with lots of accents), but the phonics is unlike any other language I have ever studied, so I’m finding it a challenge. It is certainly keeping me busy in my spare time!
Will you be wearing odd socks next Monday?
Next week (14-18 November) is Anti-Bullying Week. The week will kick off with Odd Socks Day on Monday 14th November. Why not encourage all the adults and children in your school to wear odd socks to celebrate what makes us all unique?
Anti-Bullying Week is coordinated by the Anti-Bullying Alliance.
Is it your turn to give an assembly?
We are giving away three assembly stories on the theme of bullying. Click on the titles to download them for free:
Sunday is World Kindness Day
The theme of this year’s World Kindness Day is ‘Be Kind Wherever Possible’. One small act of kindness can have a domino effect and can cascade through many people. Here are a few simple ways to add sunshine to someone’s cloudy day:
- Speak kindly and respectfully
- Write positive appreciation notes to people
- Hold the door for someone
- Compliment someone
- Offer help for everyday chores to elderly neighbours
- Share goodies with co-workers
- Plant a tree and nourish a garden
- Volunteer for community work
- Give a hug
- Send flowers to friends and family
- Pick up rubbish and tidy up your home
- Listen to people
- Take a day off and enjoy what you like doing the most
- Spend time with your children and compliment them for their hard work
With best wishes for next week!
We love to hear from our customers. If you have any comments or queries about any of our products, please get in touch.
If you would like to receive more information from us, please tell us what interests you by clicking this link so that we can tailor the emails you receive – http://eepurl.com/gKMnqf.