Developing Reading Comprehension Skills Years 3–4: Contemporary Childrenʼs Literature
Contains 12 high quality extracts from modern children’s stories and is perfect for developing reading strategies as children move through Key Stage 2. Look inside.
£13.99 – £21.99 price excluding tax
Developing Reading Comprehension Skills Years 3–4: Contemporary Children’s Literature contains 12 high quality extracts from modern children’s stories and is perfect for developing reading strategies as children move through Key Stage 2.
Each of the 12 extracts from contemporary children’s literature is accompanied by eight sets of questions based on the Key Stage 2 (KS2) Reading Content Domains and National Curriculum. This book provides opportunities to tackle more complex vocabulary, explore how authors use language to impact their readers and develop endurance for longer passages.
The clear structure and the author’s passion for literature make Developing Reading Comprehension Skills Years 3-4: Contemporary Children’s Literature invaluable for everyone working with pupils in Years 3 and 4. Support for teachers and parents is built in with guidance for how to teach the different question types, plus suggestions for embedding these texts in the wider English curriculum.
This series is suitable for new and recently qualified teachers as well as those who are more experienced and wanting to expand the range of texts they use. If you’re looking for a comprehensive resource to enhance reading provision and teaching in your classroom or to support home education, this is exactly what you need. Look for other books in the Developing Reading Comprehension Skills series.
This book contains extracts from the following contemporary novels:
- A Chase in Time by Sally Nicholls
- SWOP the Satuma-sized Secret by Lucy Noguera
- Frost by Holly Webb
- Agent Zaiba Investigates: The Missing Diamonds by Annabelle Sami
- Varjak Paw by S.F. Said
- The Griffin Gate by Vashti Hardy
- Daisy and the Unknown Warrior by Tony Bradman
- Starfell: Willow Moss and the Lost day by Dominique Valente
- The Land of Roar by Jenny McLachlan
- Sky Pirates: Echo Quickthorn and the Great Beyond by Alex English
- The Highland Falcon Thief by M.G. Leonard & Sam Sedgman
- The Boy at the Back of the Class by Onjali Q. Raúf
This is one book in a series of 8 Developing Reading Comprehension Skills …
The other books are:
- Classic Children’s Literature, Years 5-6
- Classic Children’s Literature, Years 3-4
- Classic Poetry, Years 5-6
- Classic Poetry, Years 3-4
- Contemporary Children’s Literature, Years 5-6
- Non-fiction, Years 5-6
- Non-fiction, Years 3-4
Print: 9780857478559; E-book: 9780857478610
There are no market restrictions for this book.
|Printed book or E-book||
E-book, Printed book